Columbia University is seeking a qualified and licensed senior veterinary technician
Maintain surgical equipment, supplies and rooms for aseptic surgical procedures. Cleans and sanitizes the surgical theater, and cleans and sterilizes surgical equipment post-operatively. Supports all surgical procedures: pre-operatively, intra operatively, and post-operatively.
1} Pre-operative duties:
- Ensure that surgical theater is sanitized;
- Ensure that drugs and supplies are in-date (not expired);
- Ensure that surgical equipment is serviceable and prepared;
- Pre-position prepared equipment and supplies within the surgical theater for efficient conduct of the surgical procedures (set-up for surgery);
- Assist with surgeon and patient pre-operative procedures, as directed;
2) Intra-operative duties: Supports the surgical team by providing additional equipment and supplies as needed, and by providing relief to anesthetist or other monitoring personnel, as needed;
3) Post-operative duties:
- Clean surgical instruments and prepare the packs for steam or gas sterilization;
- Sterilize, date, and store the surgery packs and sterile supplies;
- Cleans and sanitizes surgical rooms;
- Ensures all surgical equipment is well maintained and operational;
4) Other duties:
- Perform weekly function tests for steam and gas autoclaves;
- Sterilize surgical equipment and supplies, as needed;
- Launder re-usable surgical towels, scrubs, and other cloth supplies, as needed;
- Maintains surgical corridors, surgeon preparation areas and patient preparation areas;
- Unpacks and stores all incoming supplies;
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors or Associate Degree; Licensed Veterinary (LVT) or Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT).
AALAS certification as a Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT)
Mandatory weekend/holiday/evening hours on a rotating basis.
To apply, please go to Jobs at Columbia – https://jobs.columbia.edu/userfiles/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?t